The core of Window Studio is its artist residency designed to immerse artists in their studio practice while sharing their process with the community.
- Artists from all media are invited to apply.
- Four residencies, two held concurrently, are offered each year.
- Emerging artists living and working in the Bedford-Stuyvesant community are given preference but all New York City artists are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be able to spend a minimum of 10 hours per week working in the studio.
- The artist will also be required to design and teach one class per semester (2 classes total), in addition to conducting 3 separate 2-hour long workshops during the 6-month residency.
- The selected artist will receive unlimited studio access during the 6-month period as permitted by operating hours and materials stipend.
- The artist will also have a culminating exhibition in the Window Studio Gallery, curated by Anne LaFond. Selection is based on artistic merit determined by Anne LaFond and one guest juror, made public following the announcement of selected participant.
- Proposals for shorter-term special projects are also accepted depending on capacity.
To apply, send a statement of interest and sample of your artwork to: